— Kellie Hynes
1 large egg*
3 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ tsp. freshly minced garlic
1 cup canola oil
1 Tbsp. tarragon vinegar
1 Tbsp. freshly chopped tarragon (or 1 tsp. dried)
½ tsp. salt
• Bring all of the ingredients to room temperature.
• Crack the egg into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Add the lemon juice and garlic, and pulse until the mixture is combined.
• With the processor running, slowly drizzle the oil through the chute. The slower you pour, the better.
• Stop the motor and add the vinegar, tarragon and salt. Pulse until evenly combined.
Tarragon mayonnaise will keep in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to 4 days.
* Older raw eggs can harbor bacteria. If yours didn’t just drop from the hen, use an egg marked “pasteurized.”