2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
3 lbs. pork shoulder
6 whole garlic cloves
1 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp. Sriracha
2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
2 Tbsp. lime juice
4 cups jasmine rice
Vinegar, for poaching
1 bunch green onions, chopped, to garnish
1 Tbsp. black sesame seeds, to
• Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
• In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over high heat. Once hot, sear the pork until brown, about 5 minutes per side.
• Add the garlic and soy sauce to a large oven-safe dish and place the pork on top. Cover with aluminum foil and braise in the oven until tender, about 8 hours.
• Using your hands or a fork, shred the meat and place it in a large bowl. Add the Sriracha, hoisin sauce and lime juice to the bowl. Toss to combine and set aside.
• Prepare the jasmine rice according to package instructions. Set aside.
• Poach the eggs: Bring a saucepot filled with water to a gentle simmer. Add a splash of vinegar and crack 1 egg at a time into the water. Poach 4 minutes, then remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and let dry on paper towels. Repeat with remaining eggs.
• To serve, divide the rice evenly among 6 plates. Top each with 6 to 8 ounces of pork and a poached egg. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.