* One-half cup bacon, diced
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 cup chopped onion
* 6 cups chicken broth
* 1 and one-half pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into one-half inch dice
* 3 cups fresh corn kernels, cut from the cob
* 2 cups half and half
* One-third cup chopped lovage leaves
* Salt and pepper to taste
Method of Preparation:
1. Cook the bacon in a large soup pot over medium heat until crisp. Add butter and melt. Add the onions to the pot and sauté until wilted. About 7 minutes. Add the broth, and the potatoes. Bring the broth to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
2. Add the corn, the lovage, and the half and half and continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serves 6. *Note: Do not allow the chowder to boil after adding the half and half or the soup will curdle.