8 to 10 oz. Oreo cookies (with filling)
½ cup melted butter
¼ cup cream
¼ cup sour cream
8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
½ cup powdered sugar
½ cup 40 percent cream
½ Tbsp. cumin
½ tsp. cayenne
¼ cup chunky peanut butter
¼ cup cream of coconut
½ cup strawberry jam
• To make the crust, put the cookies in a food processor and pulse until fine. Slowly add the butter and pulse until mixed well.
• Press the crust into a 9-inch pie shell and freeze.
• Place the cream, sour cream and cream cheese in a food processor and mix until smooth.
• Add the powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Transfer the cream cheese mixture to a large bowl.
• In a saucepan, heat the heavy cream over low heat.
• Add the cumin, cayenne and peanut butter and stir until smooth.
• Add the cream of coconut and stir. Turn off the heat.
• Add the cream and cumin mixture to the cream cheese mixture and mix thoroughly.
• Remove the pie shell from the freezer.
• Spread the strawberry jam on the bottom of the shell.
• Pour the filling into the shell and freeze for 4 to 6 hours.
• When thoroughly frozen, cut the pie into wedges and serve. Garnish with a dollop of Jack Daniels-jalapeño whipped cream and drizzles of strawberry-habañero and chocolate-chipotle sauces.
For the sauces:
Jack Daniels-Jalapeño Whipped Cream
1 cup 40 percent cream
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
½ tsp. finely diced jalapeño
1 Tbsp. Jack Daniels
• Combine all ingredients and whip until whipped cream forms.
½ fresh habañero, stemmed and seeded
¼ cup honey
1 pint fresh strawberries
• Combine all ingredients in a food processor and purée.
2 Tbsp. canned chipotles
8 oz. chocolate chips
¼ cup salad oil
• Purée the chipotles in a food processor until smooth.
• In a saucepan, melt the chocolate chips over low heat.
• Add the oil and chipotle purée and mix well.