2½ lbs. cannellini beans, cooked
1 fresh garlic clove, minced
1 large yellow onion, diced
¼ lb. prosciutto di Parma
Extra virgin olive oil
2½ qts. good chicken stock (depending on desired consistency)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• Saute garlic, onions, cannellini beans and proscuitto with a small amount of olive oil in large stock pot until onions are fully cooked and slightly caramelized.
• Add chicken stock and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
• Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
• Blend soup in blender and pass through fine mesh strainer. Return to stock pot.
• Reduce on medium to desired thickness.
• Season with salt and pepper and garnish with extra virgin olive oil for added flavor.
(A dash of cayenne pepper may be added to give it a little heat. This can be especially nice on colder days.)