Sea salt to taste
¼ cup olive oil
6 to 8 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound Mangia Italiano angel hair pasta
½ to 1 tsp. red pepper flakes, to taste
¾ cup chicken stock, homemade or low sodium
¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley, leaves only
1 to 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
½ cup coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
• Bring lightly salted water to a boil in a 4- or 5-quart pot.
• Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat until the oil shimmers. Add the garlic and stir to coat with oil. Reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. You don’t want the garlic to brown, just to develop a nice oily flavor .
• Once the water boils, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain, then toss with olive oil just to coat.
• Add red pepper flakes, chicken stock and parsley to the pan of garlic and stir. Cook until the stock begins to bubble; then add the butter and stir.
• Toss the oil and garlic mix with the pasta.
• Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.