¼ cup honey
1 cup water
4 semi-boneless quail
1 cup French green lentils
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp. thyme
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 celery ribs, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 cup chicken stock
Salt and pepper
2 cups sweet potatoes, roasted
• Mix the honey and water, then pour the marinade over the quail.
• Place picked-over lentils in a heatproof bowl and add boiling water to cover them.
• Heat the olive oil in a large pot. Add the onion, thyme, garlic, celery and carrots and sauté until the onion has softened.
• Drain the lentils and add them to the pot. Add the stock and simmer until the lentils are tender but not mushy, about 13 to 15 minutes.
• Drain the lentil mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper.
• Grill the quail for 3 to 5 minutes per side.
• Serve the quail with the lentils and sweet potatoes.