1 lb. pasta
½ lb. bacon, chopped
1 small onion, diced
¼ cup bourbon (or less, if desired)
1 lb. Brussels sprouts, halved
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
5 Tbsp. butter, divided (You may not need all of it.)
5 cups hot chicken or vegetable stock (You may not need all of it.)
Parmesan for finishing
Crushed red pepper flakes for finishing
• Bring a pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add the pasta.
• When the pasta is al dente, drain and set aside.
• Render the bacon until it begins to crisp.
• Add the onion and saute until golden.
• Deglaze the pan with up to ¼ cup of bourbon.
• Add the Brussels sprouts and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until caramelized.
• Add the butter and 1 ladle of hot stock. Repeat this process until you have built enough sauce for the pasta.
• Toss with al dente pasta and finish with Parmesan and crushed red pepper flakes.