1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
Crushed red chili flakes
2 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and black pepper to taste
Extra-virgin olive oil
6 thick slices fresh, crusty bread
• Set the broiler to high.
• Coat heavy saucepan with chili oil over medium-high heat.
• Add a generous pinch of crushed red chili flakes and the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
• Add the zucchini and season with salt and black pepper. Sauté until the zucchini is translucent, then remove from heat.
• Drizzle each slice of bread with extra-virgin olive oil. Place under the broiler for 30 to 90 seconds, or until golden on top.
• Spread goat cheese over the toast and top with the zucchini mixture. Serve immediately.