6 free-range chicken breast fillets
Salt and pepper
Coconut Milk Marinade:
1¾ oz. fresh ginger
2 French shallots
2 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp. sunflower oil
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 ½ cups coconut milk
1 bunch chives
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Resting time: 3 hours
Cooking time: 5 minutes over high heat
• Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips.
• Juice and zest the limes; sprinkle the juice and zest over the chicken.
• For the marinade, peel the ginger, French shallots and garlic. Chop them all up, then gently saute in the oil for 5 minutes, adding the sugar.
• Off the heat, pour in the coconut milk. Snip the chives into ½-inch lengths and add them to the mixture. Pour this mixture over the chicken and chill for 3 hours.
• Cook the chicken over high heat until well browned. Serve coated with the rest of the marinade.
Reprinted with permission from Lyons Press