6 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
1 Tbsp. minced shallots plus 1 minced shallot, divided
1 cup strawberries, cleaned and sliced
1 cup white wine, divided
½ cup white balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. butter plus ½ cup cubed butter (at room temperature), divided
1 Tbsp. fresh tarragon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
4 6-oz. chicken breasts (bone-in, skin on)
Sea salt to taste
1 cup cooked white beans
½ cup diced tomatoes
1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
• First, make the sauce: Coat a large saute pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of minced shallots and saute until soft. Add the strawberries, ½ cup of white wine, vinegar and honey. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the strawberries are tender enough to purée. Remove from heat.
• Pour the sauce into a blender and purée. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve.
• Transfer the sauce to a bowl. Whisk in 2 tablespoons of butter and the tarragon. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
• Next, make the chicken: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Season the chicken breasts with sea salt and pepper. In an oven-safe skillet, heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil over high heat. Place the chicken breasts skin-side-up in the skillet. Pan-sear for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the chicken and place it in the oven for 6 to 10 minutes, or until it’s cooked through and the skin is crisp.
• Meanwhile, make the ragout: Coat a large saute pan with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over high heat. Add the remaining minced shallot and saute until soft. Add the beans, tomatoes, ½ cup of white wine and rosemary. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let simmer for 10 minutes.
• Add the remaining ½ cup of cubed butter and season to taste with salt and pepper.
• Serve immediately with the chicken breast and sauce.