8 large tomatoes
4 avocados, peeled and pitted
1 yellow onion
2 cloves garlic
Juice of 1 lime
Vegetable broth (optional)
1 tsp. green habañero sauce
¼ tsp. ground chile powder
¼ tsp. ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Zucchini, diced for garnish
Sweet corn kernels for garnish
Freshly chopped cilantro for garnish
Sour cream for garnish
Lime wedges for garnish
• Peel, seed, chop and reserve the juices of the tomatoes.
• In a food processor, add the tomatoes and reserved juice, avocado, onion, garlic and lime juice and purée until smooth. For a thinner consistency, add vegetable broth, ¼ cup at a time, until the desired consistency is reached.
• Stir in the green habañero sauce, chile powder, ground cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
• Chill the soup in the refrigerator.
• To serve, adjust the seasoning as necessary. Garnish with the zucchini, corn, cilantro, sour cream and lime wedges.