1 cup blanched raw almonds
2 garlic cloves (or to taste)
½ tsp. salt
12 slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
1 cup water (or more as needed)
1 cup olive oil
1/3 cup chicken stock
4 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
½ cups seedless grapes, sliced lengthwise
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
• Place the almonds on a cookie sheet and toast them until they are light brown, about 5 minutes. Cool completely.
• In a food processor, finely grind the almonds with the garlic and salt.
• Soak the bread in 1 cup of water, then squeeze dry.
• Add the bread to the food processor and puré.
• With the machine running, add the olive oil, chicken stock and vinegar. If the soup needs to be thinned, add more water.
• Serve chilled and garnished with grapes.