2½-lb. rotisserie chicken
Zest and juice of 1 lime
1 small shallot, minced
¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
½ tsp. honey
1 tsp. cumin
2 Tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 head green-leaf lettuce, chopped
3 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
½ cup diced red onion
1 cup chopped red, yellow or green bell pepper
¼ cup diced jicama
Half of a 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
Queso fresco to taste
4 to 8 tortillas for serving (optional)
• Remove the skin from the chicken and discard. Remove the meat from the bone and shred into a bowl. Set aside.
• In a separate bowl, whisk together the lime zest and juice, shallot, Greek yogurt, olive oil, honey, cumin, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir the mixture into the chicken.
• In a large salad bowl, combine the chopped lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, red onion, peppers and jicama. Toss in the black beans and corn kernels.
• Add the chicken and a little queso fresco.
• Serve as a salad or wrapped inside a tortilla.